Wednesday, February 11, 2015

29, Chasing the Raven

29, Chasing the Raven
The winds blow across this dusty heart of mine.
Sour mash runs red over the white in my chest.
A breeze cools the sweat on my brow.
I close my eyes and I am with you.
A red bird chirps over the blue jay’s call.
Flying away, the nightingale owns the roost.
The smell of rain approaches far from the west.
The orange and pink painted sky follows close behind.
I see you there, with a smile as the full moon rises.
Then you vanish, as the sky turns black.

Stars make themselves known in the light polluted city.
Vega and Sirius are as true as you
With dreams I can feel the green grass grow
Wrapping my ankles like a vine
Earth entangles me, connecting me to god
With opening eyes my cold desert heart remains

The nightingale has flocked with the Raven

No comments:

Post a Comment