Wednesday, May 31, 2017

After The Beatrice Letters by Lemony Snicket

After The Beatrice Letters by Lemony Snicket


I will love you as long as the grass leaves stains on a white t-shirt, as long as kids love to play in the dirt, and as long as their t-shirts are grass stained. As long as dogs will stick their nose out the window of a car and as long as cars have windows, and for as long as windows love for dogs to stick out their noses. As long as roots seek out water and as long as water runs to roots. As long as the ocean has a grain of salt and as long as waves keep moving sand, and as long as salt and sand are subject to the movement of waves. I will love you for as long as the sun melts the snow, as long as the snow is cold, as long as the cold makes you shiver, and for as long as the sun that melts the snow warms your back. I will love you for as long as the Robin symbols Spring, and as long as the birds sing. I will love you as a book loves a reader, and as a pen loves a hand, and as a hand loves to spread the pen ink. I will love you as courage loves a hero, as water loves sailors, and as vengeance loves a tragedy. I will love you as war loves husbands, sons, brothers, and daughters. I will love you as Mars loves mysteries, as humans love calamity, and as Mars loves creating calamity with mysteries like love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment