Monday, February 1, 2016

A less than good attempt at Iambic Pentameter

Trudging Through your Sadistic Swamps

I swam against your crashing current and
Shifting tides. Only to find a bloodied
Beach and towering walls called the "not-quite"
Hopeless swamps that housed your long line. Forever
Climbing the razor wire you said would be
Never-ending corridor to trudge
Friendship never hurt so bad that death wailed
Crying for love that clears the heart and mind
Lovers confused by plays of tragedy

Made to lean on, used to full, I grew weak
Constant pressure, being there for you, I
Caved and cried and begged for your hand to pull
Me from the dire doldrums you left me in
Take off your mask untie your hair, worry
About how life has weakened you, I your crutch
Coal and ash they are a joke compared to
Sorrow and grief and heartache all dealt from you
Royal flush of misery, here I stand
Controlled chaos in my mind, I love you
Existing not in your world until you

Read this sentence of mine, I'm cellophane.

No comments:

Post a Comment