Monday, February 22, 2016

Bow Tie Camera

I took a Greyhound from Atlanta to Oklahoma City once
While waiting I walked about three blocks for a pack of cigarettes
A lady wearing a long holey pocked pink shirt approached and asked for money
The five dollar bill dropped me down to eighteen dollars in my pocket
I’ve wanted a drug as bad as she did before, so maybe I enabled her
I must’ve been naïve to think the bus would go straight to I40 and then west
The first stop there was a woman with an old laptop and teddy bear back pack
She was laughing at a blank screen and playing with the teddy’s ear
I survived off sunflower seeds, cigarettes, and coffee
For the thirty-two hours it took me to get home
And to be perfectly honest,
I only thought I was going to be stabbed once.
I don’t advise anyone to take a bus in America

I suppose maybe if it was nonstop

No comments:

Post a Comment